Zinc or its alloys are used in the manufacturing process of zinc die casting to create strong and accurate die cast components. Zinc alloys that allow quicker casting cycles are cast using the hot chamber die casting method. Due to a few distinctive qualities, zinc, and its alloys are perfect for particular purposes. However, due to a few disadvantages, it is not as adaptable as aluminum. In this blog, we will go through the advantages and disadvantages of zinc die casting components.
Advantages of Zinc Die Casting Components
The advantages of zinc die casting components are shown below:
- Die cast components made of zinc are stronger and more precise than those made of aluminum.
- Because zinc casting components have a low melting point, they are simple to reshape or rebuild as needed.
- Due to its excellent fluidity, zinc alloy die casting makes it simpler to produce thinner pieces.
- Zinc allows manufacturers to create intricate pieces with smooth surfaces.
- On parts made of zinc casting, many surface treatments, such as grinding, painting, electroplating, etc. are available.
- Because zinc has a low melting point, the die is not overheated during casting. The dies have a longer useful life as a result.
- Die cast components made of zinc alloy perform mechanically better than the majority of other alloys.
Disadvantages of Zinc Die Casting Components
The following are some drawbacks of zinc die casting components:
- Since most other non-ferrous alloys produce significantly lighter parts than zinc die casting, it is not appropriate for lightweight applications.
- Its resistance to corrosion is compromised when combined with other metals like tin or lead. It also loses some of its ductility.
- The tensile strength of the zinc casting components decreases at high temperatures, making the parts more brittle.
- If the temperature is too low, the impact characteristics of components made of zinc alloy dramatically decline.
Golden Peakock is a leading manufacturer of zinc die casting components in India. We have been manufacturing zinc die casting components since 1948. The quality of the components made of zinc die casting is always given top priority by our team. So, from design to manufacture, you can count on continuous quality with us.
Exceptional Quality Control
The greatest quality for the manufactured goods is something that both our employees and engineers are committed to. We have upgraded our quality control labs with cutting-edge measuring tools that can precisely satisfy your precision needs.
Which Sectors Need Zinc or Its Alloys for Die Casting?
Because they are inexpensive and simple to cast, zinc or its alloys are ideal for producing complex pieces. Although zinc casting components are also employed in a number of applications, aluminum die-cast parts are more frequently used. Zinc is mostly used by manufacturers to create smaller but more robust parts. Here are a few sectors where manufacturers use components made of zinc in die casting:
- Automobile Industry
- Electrical Industry
- Electronics Industry
At Golden Peakock, you can easily find various zinc die casting components that provide longer durability and stability to your appliances. Our main motive is to offer you the best reasonably priced zinc die casting components.